Injection Molding Resin: Styrenics
Styrenics, also called styrenic polymers, are a family of plastic materials that use styrene as the main building block. In general, styrenics have an amorphous structure that makes them easy to process, making them ideal for a wide range of applications.
Properties of Styrenic Polymers
- High dimensional stability
- Reliably constant mechanical properties
- High rigidity
- Provides excellent thermal insulation
- Water resistant
- Good dielectric performance
- Lightweight, with high strength-to-weight ratio
- Can be made shatterproof or transparent, if needed
Common Applications for Styrenics
- Computer housings
- Kitchen appliances
- Consumer electronics
- Automobile parts
- and many, many others
Are Styrenics the Right Choice for Your Application?
Stack Plastics has been producing injection molded parts from styrenic polymers for over 20 years. Our expert team will work with you to assess your project and determine if styrenics are the best material choice for your unique application.
Contact Stack Plastics
For more information on styrenics, or to get started on your injection molding project, contact Stack Plastics today.