ABS Injection Molding
ABS, or acrylonitrile butadiene styrene, is a common thermoplastic polymer used in injection molding. Its styrene content imparts a shiny, impervious surface, while the polybutadiene it contains provides excellent toughness, even at low temperatures. ABS’ chemical structure can be modified to improve certain characteristics based on the application at hand.
ABS Molding Services
Properties of ABS Injection Molding Resin
- Very high impact strength and toughness
- Excellent tensile strength and stiffness
- Good machinability
- Very good dimensional stability
- High stability under load
- Very good heat resistance
- Very good resistance to most oils, acids, and alkalis
- Good dielectric properties
- Maintains characteristics and performance in extreme temperatures
- Excellent ductility
- Creep resistant
- Easily alloyed with other polymers
Is ABS Plastic Injection Molding Resin the Right Choice for Your Project?
Stack Plastics has been using ABS to create injection molded parts and components for decades. Our expert team has extensive experience with this material, and will work with you to determine whether ABS is the best material choice for your application.
Contact Stack Plastics for your ABS Plastic Injection Molding Project
To learn more about ABS or to get started on your plastic injection molding project, contact Stack Plastics today.