TPE & TPU Injection Molding Resins
Thermoplastic Elastomer & Thermoplastic Polyurethane
We utilize TPEs (thermoplastic elastomers) and TPUs (thermoplastic polyurethanes) to produce precision injection molded parts for our customers. These materials are typically categorized together under TPE, which in fact encompasses six classes of commercially available materials:
- Thermoplastic olefins (TPE-o)
- Styrenic block copolymers (TPE-s)
- Elastomeric alloys (TPE-v or TPV)
- Thermoplastic polyurethanes (TPU)
- Thermoplastic polyamides
- Thermoplastic copolyester
Advantages of TPU / TPE Plastic Injection Molding Services
- Injection Molding. Energy efficient that require no compounding, TPEs and TPUs are ideal for injection molding projects.
- Medical Molding. TPEs and TPUs provide the versatility and durability for many medical plastic molding projects
- Overmolding. TPUs offer the strength and elasticity needed for overmolding applications such as rubber grips for a tool or equipment
- Insert Molding. TPEs offer the durability and impact resistance that make it compatible for insert molding projects
Advantages of TPEs & TPUs
Thermoplastic elastomers and thermoplastic polyurethanes exhibit several beneficial characteristics that make them ideal for injection molding processes. Advantages of TPEs and TPUs include:
- Little to no compounding required
- No stabilizers, cure systems or reinforcing agents required
- Improved consistency
- Excellent colorability
- Energy efficient
Injection Molding Industry Applications using TPEs & TPUs
Springbaord molding services using TPEs and TPUs are vital for a wide array of industries. Industries that have benefited from our plastic molding services include consumer industries (HVAC), automotive, and oil and gas. Whether injection molding is needed for a medical device or needed for aerospace prototyping, our plastic molding services provide the perfect solution for your next project.
Should You Choose TPEs or TPUs for Your Project?
The Springboard team has extensive experience with injection molding using both TPEs and TPUs, as well as thermoplastic olefins and other material that fall under the “TPE” banner. We’ve produced injection molded parts for a wide range of industries and applications and can determine whether TPEs and TPUs are a smart choice for your project.
Contact the TPU / TPE Injection Molding Experts
For over 20 years, Springboard had provided our customers with exceptional custom plastic injection molding services. From start to finish, we have the experience, and equipment needed for your next injection molding project.
Contact Springboard for more information about thermoplastic elastomers, thermoplastic polyurethanes, or related materials today.