Stack Plastics works with a broad range of exotic injection molding resins. This variety of resins ensures that we have the right material available for your project’s requirements. Each material in our inventory has unique properties and characteristics that makes it ideal for specific applications. We will work with you to determine the correct injection molding resin for the needs of your product.
Some of our exotic resins for plastic injection molding include:
- PEEK: an injection molding resin that is an aromatic semi-crystalline polymer, superior strength, stiffness and impact resistance
- Avaspire: an injection molding resin that is a modified PEEK
- PEI (polyetherimide): an injection molding resin that has high heat resistance, good mechanical strength
- PPS (polyphenylene sulfide): an injection molding resin with a tensile strength of 21,800 psi, UL 90 V-0 flame rating
- COC (cyclic olefin copolymer): outstanding light transmission, excellent water vapor barrier, biocompatible
- COP (cyclo olefin polymer): an injection molding resin that has high transparency, low water absorption, high thermal stability, good chemical resistance
- Coolpoly: an injection molding resin that is a heat conveying polymer
- LCP (liquid crystal polymers): an injection molding resin that has high flow and good mechanical properties, frequently used in electronics
- TPEs and TPUs: an injection molding resin that has flexible polymers with durometer levels for Shore A 20 to Shore D 90
- Pebax (polyether block amides): an injection molding resin that is a popular elastomer for medical devices
- PSU (polyphenylsulfone): an injection molding resin that has excellent hydrolytic stability and superior toughness
- and others
Stack Plastics also maintains solid professional relationships with several specialized compounders, including Ticona and RTP. Ticona creates a number of specialized injection molding polymers with unique characteristics to meet the needs of electronics manufacturers and other high-tech industries. RTP specializes in modifying standard polymer materials to create customized blends which add or improve certain characteristics of the base materials.
Contact Stack Plastics for additional information on our exotic injection molding resins.